29 September is a big day for the NowWeMOVE Campaign. It is the day when MOVE Week 2014 starts, with Europe moving like never before.
But that is not all! The date also coincides with World Heart Day, which puts a spotlight on heart-healthy environments to ensure people have the best opportunities to make heart-healthy choices and reduce their risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD).
With insufficient levels of physical activity being one of the leading factors contributing to CVD, this occasion is a perfect opportunity to show that physical activity and healthy-heart choices go hand-in-hand.
So this year, we are partnering with World Heart Day to help raise awareness and engage individuals across the world to take part in its global petition, which calls for more recognition of the global burden of CVD and to prioritise the need for heart-healthy environments. The World Heart Day video will get you motivated to take action as well.
What can you do to help?
1. Submit a supportive Tweet /Facebook post via the petition page and use the campaign hashtags #heartchoices or #worldheartday
2. Sign up manually via the petition page: https://www.worldheartday2014.com/
3. Share a heart-hand selfie (a picture of hands forming a heart) or a short video of heart-healthy choices i.e. picking fruit over chocolate using the campaign hashtags #heartchoices or #worldheartday
4. Place a Twibbon logo https://bit.ly/WHDTwibbon on your Facebook and your Twitter account
5. Share the World Heart Day video with your network: https://bit.ly/WorldHeartDayVideo
Can we have 2 in 1 this September?
Yes we can!