The President of the Republic of Slovenia, Borut Pahor, has become an honorary patron of MOVE Week in Slovenia, which is being coordinated at the national level by the Sports Union of Slovenia (SUS).
President Pahor is also supporting, among other initiatives, a national sport and physical activity campaign, “Slovenia on the Move” (Slovenija v gibanju 365).
SUS writes that it is an honour that the leading political person, the President of the Republic, raises awareness of the importance of movement and individual programmes that encourage people to adopt an active lifestyle.
To celebrate MOVE Week, ten Slovenian towns and cities will present a healthy exercise program. The sports humanitarian association Vztrajaj, never give up, with support from SUS is offering an initiative, which includes a fundraising series of events called “10 laps 10 smiles”. All of the proceeds from the following events will go to charity:
1) Friday, 20.5.2016 TRBOVLJE, MINER FOOTBALL STADIUM
2) Saturday, 21.5.2016 RADOVLJICA, LINHART A.T. SCHOOL RADOVLJICA STADIUM
3) Sunday, 22.5.2016 TOLMIN, TOLMIN STADIUM
4) Monday, 23.5.2016 ŠKOFJA LOKA, SLOVENIA, ŠKOFJA LOKA
5) Tuesday, 24.5.2016, STADIUM PTUJ
6) Wednesday, LJUTOMER, LJUTOMER STADIUM 25.5.2016
7) Thursday, 26.5.2016 RAVNE NA KOROŠKEM, RAVNE NA KOROŠKEM FOOTBALL STADIUM
8) Friday, 27.5.2016 KOPER, an ATHLETIC STADIUM BONIFIKA
9) Saturday, 28.5.2016 TREBNJE, TREBNJE STADIUM
10) Sunday, 29.5.2016, LJUBLJANA-TACEN, an ATHLETIC STADIUM POLICE SCHOOL TACEN
At all locations, the event starts at 3pm.
This year’s events will focus on the integration of people with disabilities in sports activities, and the organisers will distribute free promotional materials to raise awareness.
The abovementioned events will be carried out with help from the Sports Union of Slovenia’s members, present the program Healthy Exercise – Exercise for Health.
In cooperation with the national public health authority, they will carry out the following activities:
– a medical assessment of physical condition for jogging/walking, which also includes blood pressure checks before running/walking and short advice based on the results of the medical assessments and questionnaires
– a measurement and analysis of body composition and brief advice based on the results
– Promotion of transplant and preventive health programs including a workshop for adults
Find more MOVE Week events in Slovenia
This article has been translated from an original report on the Sport Union of Slovenia’s website
Photo: Daniel Novakovic/STA