To turn the stairs into a gym, all you need is your motivation, your body weight and ideas for some stair-suitable exercises. We’ve got the third part covered for you.
When using the staircase for your workout, you can:
1. Warm-up your body:
2. Train your abs:
3. Jump and get your cardio training:
4. Train your chest and shoulders by doing some modified push-ups:
5. Or shape your abs and shoulders:
6. Make your legs and arms stronger with crab-walking:
7. Alternate burpees and running to train your whole body:
8. Do step-ups to focus on your legs and posture:
9. Get more cardio by doing jumping jacks:
10. Do alternative versions of the exercises – low impact training won’t be harsh on your joints and you’ll still get results:
If you are a MOVEment beginner and you still don’t feel secure enough to workout, click here and learn more about how just climbing the stairs might benefit your health and improve your fitness level.