Students from the Ollerup Academy of Physical Education on the Danish island of Funen love moving people. The international school has been an active supporter of the NowWeMOVE campaign since it started in 2012 and a new group of MOVE Agents are getting ready to create a “wave” of activity in their community and Copenhagen next week during the European Week of Sport (EWoS) in Denmark.
From Sunday 11 September to Saturday 17 September they will stage a variety of events, including the official EWoS flash mob FlashMOVE and a European Fitness Day event with elderly participants at Nørrebrohallen. We spoke to Cristiane Fuglsang, Acting Head of the International Academy (INTAC) at Ollerup about their plans for the week.
Cristiane: We participate in actions that promote physical activities because at Ollerup movement is part of our mission. Making people active and creating methods to facilitate this is our goal, together with our students. This year we will have a coordinated effort, where our international students will take to the streets of Copenhagen and our Danish students will activate the local community around Ollerup. We hope to create a week where we can spread the joy and the message of an active lifestyle to people of all ages.
- Showcase events: our very skilled students will get the chance to do a performance for an audience in the streets.
- Pop up events – Wednesday 14 September, we will bike all around Copenhagen and we will have pop up activities. Here the focus is on play, playfulness through movement and easy activities for all ages.
- City as a tool for movement – Parkour activities, for example.
- Get people active – we are prepared to offer short or longer activities for different groups of people – kindergarten children, clubs, workers, office workers… we are ready to move the world!
1) We will bring the world to Copenhagen
2) We will bring the joy of movement to our local communityThe combination of having different settings and different approaches will be quite unique, because even though we are apart from each other, we still have the same goal – to bring movement into people’s lives.