By Roxana Chiriac, ISCA
There is never the right time to stop being physically active and it’s never too late to start. Moving keeps your body healthy and your mind sharp.
By choosing to play with your grandchildren, this is how you help yourself:
- Control your weight
- Reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease
- Reduce your risk for type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome
- Reduce your risk of some cancers
- Strengthen your bones and muscles
- Improve your mental health and mood
- Improve your ability to do daily activities and prevent falls
- Increase your chances of living longer
For more tips, read more here.
So put the knitting needles aside and let’s play!